- 3 1/2 pounds squash (acorn, butternut, yellow, etc.)
- 2 1/2 tbsp "Earth Balance"
- 1 large chopped onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tart apples pealed, cored and chopped
- 3/4 cup sake
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cube Not-Chick'n Bouillon
- cayenne pepper to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Spray the squash with oil, place cut side down on baking sheets and roast for 45 minutes, or until flesh is soft. Scoop out the flesh into a large bowl.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Saute the onion, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in the garlic, ginger and curry powder and cook 1 minute. Add the apples and sake and simmer for 10 minutes, or until apples soften.
- Add the squash flesh, broth, water and bouillon to the sauted onions. Puree with an immersion blender.
- Heat over medium heat and season with salt, pepper and cayenne, to taste.