- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup soy milk plain
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 1 carton tofu sliced
- 3 whole wheat bread slices crumbled
- In medium saucepan, cook 1/4 cup margarine plus next 4 ingredients until bubbly.
- Remove from heat and gradually whisk in soy milk.
- Return to heat, add peanut butter and stir until boiling.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer tofu slices in 1 quart casserole dish greased with 1 tbsp margarine.
- Spread with peanut sauce and top with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes until bubbling.
To serve more people, triple ingredients and build layers in larger pan.